Niacinamide reduces water loss and the drying effects of retinol by increasing the synthesis of ceramides and keratinocyte differentiation in the s.corneum (2000 Tanno). Retinol can double the thickness of the epidermis from 60 to 120 micron in 7 days (2017 Shao), and increase the amount of fibrous tissue in the hypodermis 2-5x after 8 weeks (2000 Franchimont). Both help even skin tone and prevent blemishes.
Night - $20 Anti-Aging & BlemishVitamin ABC Lotion
Triple stabilized 0.25% retinol & 3% niacinamide, natural forms of Vitamin A and B, form a biochemical crime-fighting duo, effectively targeting wrinkles, blemishes and uneven skin tone, giving you peachy, visibly younger-looking skin in 1 to 2 weeks. Niacinamide reduces the drying effects of retinol by stimulating lipid synthesis, keeping your skin smooth and firm. Keep in mind it's not fast acting nor suitable as a acne spot treatment with it's preventive action.
Face & hands.
Directions DIRECTIONS FOR FACIAL USE
1. Apply one pump to your wrist, if no adverse reaction occurs after 24 hours, use as instructed.
2. At night, start with 1 pump the first week, increase it 1 pump/week until you reach the recommended dosage. Minor acne, redness or flaking is normal month 1.
AGING & SKIN HEALTH 4 days/week
< 30 years = 2 pumps (4 mg)
> 30 years = 3 pumps (6 mg)
> 50 years = 5 pumps (10 mg)
ACNE & OTHER 6 days/week
All Ages = 3 pumps (9 mg)
Once your skin is under control, follow Aging recommendations.
3. Use sunscreen if going out in the sun the next day as retinol can increase sun sensitivity.
- 50 day supply, $12/month (3 pumps/day)
- 1 fl.oz (30 ml), pH 5.5. Nitrogen flushed
The product is great and I can really see and feel a difference on my skin when I use it.
I love this night time moisturizing lotion. This product is gentle enough to use every night. It has been really effective at fading my dark spots and scars! I have repurchased and will continue using.
I like this product because it's one of the view my sensible skin can actually bare, if I don't use it every day. I didn't give full points, because it's not doing the miracles I hope for. Sure, for a full effect I'd have to combine it with the other products of the line (which I can't because that's too aggresive for my skin) - 5 points if you develop a product that is even more sensitive and has even better results. Over all very satisfied!
Custom Analytics, a FDA registered lab, verifies the retinol concentration of each batch of Night. Only pure retinol has been extensively studied at ~10 mg/week or 20 pumps of Night. Avoid encapsulated or retinol derivatives (we know palmitate is less effective) that will make dosing and efficacy guesswork.
Batch #020519 Test Report
Retinol is sensitive to light and oxygen. In order to create a stable, capsulation-free formula with at least 1 year shelf-life we use:
1. Air & UV proof nitrogen flushed bottles.
2. Oil based formula (Retinol is oil soluble).
3. A Vitamin C and E antioxidant blend.
1. Use Benzoil to get your acne under control, once under control switch to Night, keeping Benzoil as an occasional spot treatment.
2. Cleanse morning and evening using CLNS.
3. Cover & heal blemishes using CONS.